Andrew Kumar is a passionate leader of leaders with a strong technical and management background.
Andrew has over 15 years of experience in product development, program delivery, practice management, digital transformation, and over 6 years of experience building and leading high-performing teams of teams.
As a Head of Product Development on the Platform Technology and Strategy group of TELUS, Andrew and his team are currently leading a transformative program around technology stack unification and unlocking digital capabilities.
Prior to TELUS, Andrew has spent ~15 years in the Digital Technology and Marketing industry, helping some of the world’s largest companies reimagine how they interact with their customers and manage their businesses in the digital economy.
Specific Areas of Expertise:
– Platform Development
– Software Architecture
– API / Microservices
– Mobile App Development
– Web App Development
– Design Systems
– Personalization, analytics
– Experience Design
– Performance Marketing and Email
– Security, reliability
An occasional writer and public speaker on technology culture, strategy, and product management, Andrew has recently spoken at
- O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference in New York, United States of America.
- Canada Day (part of Web Summit Conference) in Lisbon, Portugal.
- TELUS Brand Summit in Toronto, Canada.
Recently, Andrew has joined General Assembly Toronto (Bitmaker) as an Instructor – Product Management, focusing on advanced topics such as Objectives + Key Results + KPIs, Roadmaps, and Technology for Product Managers.
Additionally, Andrew holds the following Certifications:
- PMP: Project Management Professional
- CSPO: Certified Scrum Product Owner
- CSM: Certified Scrum Master
- SAFE Leader: Scaled Agile Framework